Humanity is rocked by the Emergence of a people who call themselves the Amaranthine. They are our myths and legends come to life. Neither human nor animal, yet embracing qualities of both, the inhuman races inspire both awe and fear. This will be a 7-book series.
- Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox
- Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal
- Tamiko and the Two Janitors
- Mikoto and the Reaver Village
- TBA, releases in 2021
Songs of the Amaranthine
Before the Emergence, the clans were nothing more than whispers and mysteries and legends and lore. But every so often—in out-of-the-way places or shockingly close to home—an unsuspecting person stumbled into a fateful encounter with someone who was decidedly other. An eclectic collection, spanning continents and centuries. Tales of adventure, discovery, friendship, rescue, belonging, and love.
- Marked by Stars
- Followed by Thunder
- Dragged through Hedgerows
- Governed by Whimsy
- Hemmed in Silver (releases in November 2020)
Serialized stories set after the Emergence. While not part of the main Saga storyline, these tales slip between and overlap familiar events, offering insights and adding embellishment, making connections and reminding readers that every person’s story has value. [Once complete, these stories will be published in both print and digital formats.]
- Lord Mettlebright’s Man (Amaranthine Interludes, #1)
Jacques Smythe brazens his way into Stately House and shows no sign of departing. Like it or not, Lord Mettlebright has himself a butler. An Amaranthine Saga Serial. [Humor, Drama, Family] ONGOING. Begins here.
- Kimiko and the Cycle of Moons (Amaranthine Interludes, #2)
Loosely based on the old Amaranthine tale, “The Wolf and the Moon Maiden,” this serial will involve three sisters, twelve pledges, and the long-awaited stirring of a sleeping landmark. FORTHCOMING. I’ll begin posting chapters of this story to Patreon once I reach my community goal (400 patrons), making this my first ever subscription-based storyline (available to patrons, starting at $4/month). More about Patreon.
FAQ: Are your titles available as audio books?
Yes! The entire Amaranthine Saga (and the first four Songs of the Amaranthine) have been contracted by Tantor Audio/Recorded Books. You can find forthright’s titles on Audible (and all sorts of other places). Narrated by Travis Baldree.
FAQ: Will the Songs of the Amaranthine ever be available in print?
The Songs of the Amaranthine are short stories. At first, they will release digitally, but once I’ve collected four stories, I’ll gather them up and release them together in a print anthology. **As of May 2020, Governed by Whimsy: The Anthology is available. PRINT ONLY. Signed copies are in stock. Details here.
FAQ: Is there any particular order I should read the books in?
The books in the Amaranthine Saga build on each other. Read those in order. Each of the short stories in the Songs of the Amaranthine collection stand alone, but they offer insights and details that will expand your understanding and appreciation of the main series. So while they’re entirely optional, they’re also … encouraged. I suggest reading everything in publication order:
- Tsumiko and the Enslaved Fox (Amaranthine Saga, #1)
- Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal (Amaranthine Saga, #2)
- Marked by Stars (Songs of the Amaranthine, #1)
- Followed by Thunder (Songs of the Amaranthine, #2)
- Tamiko and the Two Janitors (Amaranthine Saga, #3)
- Dragged through Hedgerows (Songs of the Amaranthine, #3)
- Lord Mettlebright’s Man (ongoing, posts here on the blog)
- Governed by Whimsy (Songs of the Amaranthine, #4)
- Mikoto and the Reaver Village (Amaranthine Saga, #4)
- Hemmed in Silver (Songs of the Amaranthine, #5)
• • •