Weekend Event. I had a lot of fun with #GoFest2022, but long days of trekking left me too tuckered to form thoughts. That’s why LMM is lagging. Let’s catch up! ::twinkle::
All Day Event! I’ll be away from my computer for much of the day, taking part in this big ol’ Pokemon event. If you’re playing along, see you out there! If you need a friend, email me your friend code, and I’ll add you when I check in later (to post Vassal chapters). > always dot forthright at gmail dot com
Pokemon GO! From time to time, I mention that I play … usually when a challenge insists that I make a new friend. Sure, I know I could just nab some rando from the interwebz, but I enjoy playing with reading friends. So … who’s game? ALSO, if you’re already a friend & still need a friend, nudge me anyhow. Another member of my household also plays. In fact, we often raid together. ::eyebrow waggle::
email me your friends code > always.forthright at gmail dot com
I Choose You! Every once in a while, I mention here on the blog that I play Pokemon GO. (Daily. Devotedly. Obsessively.) Yes, I’m taking part in the Kanto event (2/20). Nearly all of my in-game friends are readers, which I think is quite spiffy. I love sending gifts & stickers & raid invites, so if you share my little hobby, you’re welcome to send me your friend code. My email is always.forthright at gmail dot com.
I Choose You | art by FoxOfTwilight
Level 40. Those of you who play Pokemon GO! know what a big deal it is to hit Level 40 in the game. It became a bigger deal when it was announced (last month) that trainers who achieve this milestone before December 31 will get “legacy” status, commensurate bragging rights, extra goodies, and a cool hat. With enough raid invites (and maybe some new friends), I could potentially hit the XP goal and level up … today!
If you play Pokemon GO! and would like to be in-game friends, email your friends code: always.forthright @ gmail dot com. And if you catch wind of a raid in your area, drop me an invite. ::twinkle::
So, So Smug. That moment when you realize you have the PERFECT name for a new pokemon. ::twinkle::
#PokemonGOFest2020 took up most of my weekend, and in the nicest way. I had fun, which was my only real goal. I’ve never experienced the like, and I’m glad I decided to splurge on a ticket.
- I finished 3 audio books while I played. ::twinkle::
- Although it was a bit of a scramble, it was nice, nice, nice to be able to invite reader friends (or be invited by them) to participate in raids. I now have So Much rare candy. Must distribute strategically. ::plots::
- My longtime Pokemon buddy (Lucario) earned his “Best Buddy” badge yesterday, so I nicknamed him Sempai. He’s had to step back so I can walk with some of my new (shiny) Go Fest acquisitions, but his place at my side is assured.
- Did I mention shinies? I caught at least a dozen. (Not sure on the exact count, but the thrill will never get old.)
- Most notable, I somehow managed to catch what I’ve long considered the holy grail of shiny Pokemon, a golden Magicarp. ::swoon:: I actually named her Grail.
Screencapped a few for y’all. I’d share more, but they’re off defending gyms at the moment. And do you REALLY want me to bore you with a slide show?
Do you name your pokemon? When I single out strong ones to train up, I generally give them names at that time. For example, the shiny Growlithe/Arcanine was immediately dubbed Kinpatsu (Japanese for blond). And Marimo (Sanji’s nickname for Zoro in One Piece) was a no-brainer for my shiny Tangela.
As always, if you also play Pokemon GO and you want to friend me, email me your friend code @ always.forthright at gmail dot com.
… and now, back to writing.