Do you have Discord? As many of you know, Travis Baldree is our narrator for the Amaranthine Saga. Currently, the first four books & Governed by Whimsy: The Anthology (Songs of the Amaranthine, #1-4) are available in audio format. Fumiko and the Finicky Nestmate will release on November 9. As it happens, whenever the publisher/author allows, Travis streams while he works. He’ll begin streaming Meadowsweet (Galleries of Stone, #1) by C.J. Milbrandt tomorrow, so I’m inviting you all to join us on the Cryptid Audio server. Maybe you’ll only be able to sneak a few peeks. Maybe (like me) you’ll be camped out for every single session. Here’s the link: https://discord.gg/duzCS2D
Why would I be so excited that this series is coming to audio? You can read more about the Galleries of Stone trilogy on this post. (Spoiler: I wrote these books. That this is another of my pen names.) ::twinkle::
Keeping it simple:
- Get Discord (desktop edition is spiffy, but of course there’s an app, too)
- Click the link to join Cryptid Audio
- Choose a nickname for use on that server (especially if you want me to recognize you) – to do so, click the Cryptid Audio drop-down menu (top left on the desktop edition) & select “change nickname”
- Choose a role (as a “Listener,” you’ll receive a notification when Travis begins his sessions)
- Show up & join the #listeners-lounge to chat
- When it’s showtime, Travis will show up as LIVE & sharing his screen. I usually pop out the video so I can also chat, but I’m on a laptop, so I have the luxury of space.
- Schedule! Travis generally works from 8:30-11am & from 1-3pm PACIFIC. But sometimes he starts early, so make sure to secure “Listener” status if you want a ping when he’s starting up again.
- He’ll be reading Meadowsweet beginning tomorrow, Friday, October 15. Yes, the other books in the trilogy are on his schedule.
- How long? Oooh, I think Travis will need 4 days (give or take), so it’ll be a Meadowsweet kind of weekend.
- Leveling Up. There’s a sort of mini-game that runs on the server. If you chat, you gain XP, and when you attain sufficient XP, you level up. Whenever that happens, Travis will congratulate you. And this is quite wonderful. Chatting is highly encouraged.
- Fair Warning. You can definitely chat with me during these sessions, but I have DMs and Friends Requests turned off. I mostly use Discord to stay in touch with my kids. If I started chatting with my readers, too, I’d never get any writing done! ::twinkle::
Reminder! Travis also reads Bard & Barbarian, my Patreon exclusive story. Narrated chapters post every other Wednesday over there.
If you have questions that google/faq lists can’t answer, nudge me in comments or email me (if that’s more comfy). I’m looking forward to introducing all of you to Freydolf & Tupper.
Pingback: Less than an Hour – FORTHRIGHT
Pingback: Narration Continues – FORTHRIGHT
Pingback: Last Day – FORTHRIGHT
❤️LOVE❤️ this series! I recommend it to anyone who enjoys family, magic, and stone!
LikeLiked by 1 person
The audio turned out rather splendid! ::twinkle::