I posted my first IY fanfic in 2006, twelve years ago today. I’ve often marked the milestone by posting new stories or updating ongoing ones on this day. This time, I’ll begin posting Mood Stripes to fanfiction.net. (A new chapter will show up here soon, too. Hang tight.)
Random Fandom Factuals:
- My first chaptered fic (that would be Unsought) was Mir/Kag. For nostalgia’s sake, they remain my “official” InuYasha OTP.
- Once in a while I’ll write a canon pairing, but I’m mostly an alt. shipper. I like possibilities. I ship around.
- For me, shipping doesn’t always mean a romantic relationship. My stories also embrace friendship, mentorship, and kinship.
- Hisoka-sensei exists because I wrote a oneshot called The Bargain. By the time that story was finished, I’d already begun plotting Unspoiled, which became a Big Deal. Wanting to give the good Sensei his proper due, I dreamed up the Amaranthine Saga. Now, he rules two universes. ::twinkle::
- My first brush with fanart joy came courtesy of Jupe, who doodled every chapter of Impeccable. Since then, I’ve seen hundreds of sketches and illustrations for my stories. Artists are awesomely amazing. ::glomp::
- Impeccable was my first story with 100-word chapters. It started quite the trend.
- InuYasha is my first fandom, but I have written for others (Spirited Away, Ouran High School Host Club, YuYu Hakusho, Darker than BLACK) and am in the process of contributing stories to new (to me) fandoms. Because I still like goofing off. For me, writing is both work and play.
- Even though my earliest stories make me cringe a little, I won’t take them down. They’re a testament to my clumsy, clunky beginnings. Looking back, I catch glimmers of the writer I’m still becoming.
Since we’re being all nostalgic, think back. Which of my stories did you first discover?