Ever since I jumped back into fandom’s playground and resumed Lord Charming, people have been asking some variation of this question:
- How long will Lord Charming be?
- How much longer are you going to drag this out?
- Are you trying to reach 1,000 chapters?
- Will you ever complete this story?
- I hope it never ends!
- I love the courtship rituals!
- You ruined everything with the courtship arc.
- Where are the lemons?!? There had better be lemons!!!
Yes, this story is long. No, I’m not purposefully dragging things out. I’ve always known that this is the direction the story would take, but I wasn’t exactly sure how long it would take me to spin it all out. (I’m three parts pantser, people. This is me having fun.)
“The End” is in sight. Based on my notes about the remaining moons, the resolve of the courting couple, and the patience of you, me, and the universe at large … I can say with some authority that Lord Charming will be complete in 800 chapters.
So there. ::twinkle::