Looking Ahead. I’m not sure pantsers can have resolutions. Too many rules. Too much structure. I do have a vague idea of what I want to accomplish this year, and I’ll be making the rest up as I go along. Gotta stay flexible. Gotta be nimble. Gotta take life one day at a time! ::twinkle::
With that in mind, stick a whopping “if life cooperates” in front of all of these:
- I’ll publish the next Songs of the Amaranthine title. (That one’s easy to list since it’s already available for pre-order.) Captured on Film will release on March 4, 2021.
- I’ll also publish the next title in the Amaranthine Saga. Nope, I don’t have a firm release date for this one. Circumstances beyond my control (jury duty) set me back nearly two months, but I’m back to my regularly scheduled life starting Monday. So… guess we’ll see! Fumiko and the Finicky Nestmate will release sometime in 2021!
- Lord Mettlebright’s Man will resume its twice-weekly pace for updates. Jacques gets Mondays & Thursdays whenever I’m not pressured by looming deadlines.
- In 2020, I gained 100 patrons over on my Patreon account (wow). That puts us a quarter of the way to my Community Goal of 400 (and the debut of a serial called Kimiko and the Cycle of Moons). For 2021, I’d love to see another 100 join the ranks & nudge us closer to the Miyabe sisters & the mayhem at Kikusawa Shrine after the events of Kimiko and the Accidental Proposal! (It’s gonna be so much fun!)
- ART! I’ll be commissioning MOAR art throughout the coming year. Fox and I have been working pretty steadily on bringing you new pieces. And I have, hmm … four pieces from other artists that are pending. I do love to splurge on story art.
- Ko-fi is going to become a thing this year. I’ve come up with a couple of ways to put my new account to use. We’ll test one of them in February, when I make my Quarterly Art Card for spring available (just this once) to followers who can’t commit to Patreon … but are willing to buy me a ko-fi. I’ll be revealing that art card on Valentine’s Day for a March mailing. ::coughTSUGENTcough::
- I’ll also be utilizing Ko-fi as a hub for some fandom shenanigans. Some of you may have been around for the old drabble/drawble nights that were part of the Sess/Kag fandom on Dokuga. I’ll be reviving this tradition & adapting it to my purposes. Expect interactive day-long events once a month, during which I use your prompts to add new chapters to Vassal … and to Unexpected. ::eyebrow waggle:: (This is me, committing to the time it will take to finish what I’ve started.)
- Audio Books! The quarantines have thrown so many peoples’ schedules for a loop, and that includes Tantor Audio. All their production was delayed in 2020, and I’ve been patiently waiting my turn on Travis Baldree’s docket. Good News! Governed by Whimsy: The Anthology AND Mikoto and the Reaver Village are scheduled to release in August 2021. ::confetti toss::
- I’ve joined the annual Goodreads Reading Challenge with the same goal I had for 2020. Planning to read/reread 200 manga this year. At this rate, I’ll also need to add another bookshelf to my living room. The manga collection keeps growing!
- Tuesday Totes. We took a break for the holidays, but we should be back this week with a weekly fandom cover reveal & related store links. The Twinkle Press storefront (on Threadless & TeePublic) offers tote bags, masks, gaiters, note cards, journals, and so forth. Throughout the year, we’ll work our way through more of my fandom backlist (which is surprisingly large) to add to the pretty, pretty offerings.
- If all goes according to plan, you can also look forward to a couple of cover reveals in 2021. Because I’ll unveil my plans for Bk6 when I release Bk5. And while it’s not on my writing schedule yet, I do know what I’m writing for Songs #7. Maybe I’ll get to it before the year plays out. Hope so.
Here’s to new things & continuing things & quiet days & steady habits & home.
Happy New Year!